Friday 4 March 2011

Adding the Assets

Yo!
Today I will be adding my assets into my level. I've finished creating my last model, a flower pot. I started with a cylinder, cut the faces around the base to create the ridge of the pot, before extruding them to create the ridge of the flower pot, before moving the top faces down into the pot to make it hallow. With that, I extruded the bottom faces down and scaled them in to make them smaller, before extruding again and scaling down. After I did that about three times, I selected the vertexes and moved them up to create a small indent on the bottom of the pot, and selected all the bottom vertexes and scaled them down to give the pot a small bottom. I then created a uv map of the model and texture it using a terracotta texture.







Once I created my flower pot, I decided to upload all my models into UDK.


For this I had to type axmesh in the MEL bar at the bottom, which then loads the Unreal export plug-in. I then saved them in a folder of my choice, before naming them. I then created a new package called KayB_Rooftop_Package, and uploaded all my models and their textures into my level. I have put my chair and table into their positions in the residential area, the flower pots have been set up in random positions with some random plants from the UDK content browsers in them and my water towers have been set up in position, but I can't seem to get the ladder volume to work on the ladders for the moment and every time I test them out UDK crashes, so for now, I'm not working on the ladders for now. I've also uploaded my decals into the level, and have tested one out. The only assets I'm missing the most is my textures for my level, but right now, I want all my assets to work first and can wait for my textures for now.









This image is of my garden furniture and flower pots










This image is of my water tower










This image is of one of my decals

I decided to create my diving board for my swimming pool. I started by creating a cube, from there I extruding one of the faces out to create the board. As the cube was thin for the board, I had to extrude the cube down, and scaling it smaller to create it's base.










At around 3.00, Our texture creator had finally uploaded the textures, so now I'm in the process of placing my textures in the level.

This is a shot of my level with the textures. I will be going into my level in more detail and try to improve the textures by using a mixture, adding different decals and working with the materials more, but for now, the materials are in a basic place, so I can now visualize my level more that the plain white box.

No comments:

Post a Comment