Friday 18 March 2011

Assets

Yo!
Today I will be continuing my assets by using my crazy bump maps to add texture and depth to my models.
I've completed adding better textures to my assets and have now started to create my kismet door using the guide from last week. I still have problems with the door opening as it still doesn't. I've tried looking at the different properties settings, but can't find anything that works.
After talking to Dave, I still can't work my door and have decided to go onto my water.

I created the water by creating a box brush and positioning it on my level. After that, I went into the content browsers, under the actor classes and found a FluidSurfaceActor, before adding it to the brush. Then I had to scale it to the size of my swimming pool before adding a water material from the UDK Content Browser. I used You Tube to find a tutorial from Raven

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iryqaziFgE) and followed his tutorial.


My level with my swimming pool with material, plain and volume.











This is the properties to add the water material to the fluid surface actor.











To my water volume, I added a damage properties with the player will lose health by drowning.

For my swimming pool, the water did over flow onto the map, which looked really out of place and didn't work as well as it should, so I replaced my fluid surface actor down so it looks as if the water is in the pool.

After testing my level out with the swimming pool. I decided to change around the actors and add actors for pick-ups. To do this, I went onto the content browser before changing the tab to actors and searched pick-ups. From there I found weapon, armour and health. Selecting one of the pick-ups, I pressed A and clicked on a location to place the pick-up. For the weapons, I needed to change the properties and select the weapon I needed.

In regards to my project schedule, I'm still working on my visual target and am still improving them. I said last week I will be creating my assets materials and make them better using the maps I created from Crazy Bump and continue to create my visual target. In regards, I have completed creating my materials with my crazy bump maps and have continued to make my visual target. Next week I'm still planning on creating my visual target and making them better.
Chow!

No comments:

Post a Comment